Rated #8 Best UK Accounting Software
Ease Of Use = 8.3
Value For Money = 9.0
Customer Support = 9.3
Features = 9.8
- There are plenty of customisation options making it suitable for a wide range of businesses
- The levels of customer support appear to be mostly high
- The feature set is relatively advanced so it can meet the needs or large and growing businesses
- There is no comprehensive app available for accounting on the go
- The advanaced level means it can appear complicated and confusing for first-time users
Hours Of Research:
Sage 50Cloud review – This a small business accounting application that incorporates a variety of financial tools and has impressive customisation options.
Since it can be integrated with Office 365, it allows users to enjoy a hybrid solution with hard drive based software that shares data with cloud based productivity apps.
At a Glance
Sage 50Cloud is an impressive accounting application that is designed for small business desktop use. The program can be traced back to the Intuit QuickBooks system, but it has developed, offering innovative changes to provide access to some great features.
This program is more complex than many accounting software programs, which may make hold less appeal to simpler, smaller businesses, but if you have employees working remotely, it offers great functionality.
In short, Sage 50Cloud allows you to automate processes, so you can concentrate on your core business. You can work in real-time and get a single view of your whole client base in just one place.
From Idea To Successful Business…
- Step-by-step framework to plan, establish and grow any type of UK business
- Mark steps as complete to track your progress
- Create powerful PDFs (including business plans)
- Use AI to generate new ideas & website copy
- FREE to join and get started
- Created by the Business4Beginners team
+ Free Company Formation
+ Free Bookkeeping Software
+ Free Bank Account
+ Free Domain Name
+ Free Email Platform
+ Discounts & Deals
Which Accounting Software Is Right For You?
Answer 5 multiple choice questions to get a personal recommendation:
What Features Does Sage 50Cloud Support?
Our Sage 50Cloud review has discovered that this software provides a variety of time-saving features. However, the main ones you can enjoy include:
- Multi-function bookkeeping tools to handle accounts, inventory and payments
- Batch transaction posting for quick input of transactions
- Creates an audit trail to record any ledger changes
- Direct invoicing from sales orders
- Stock and inventory tracking tools
- “Pay Now” button to allow customers to quickly pay with Stripe, PayPal, or GoCardless direct debit.
You can also download your bank account information into Sage and produce accounts charts and departmental reporting.
One of the most attractive features is that you can work remotely using Office 365 and see your Sage data in Outlook Accounting, which is automatically backed up on the cloud.
Sage 50Cloud has a clear fee structure, allowing you to choose the package best suited to your business needs. This includes:
- Essentials: This provides a simple accounting solution that is connected to the cloud and costs £20 per month for one user.
- Standard: This adds invoicing and cash flow management to the Essentials package. It costs £60 per month for one user.
- Professional: This provides a powerful desktop solution that is connected to the cloud and includes in depth reporting. It costs £120 per month for one user, but you can upgrade to include up to 20 users at a cost of £150 per month.
With both the Essentials and Standard packages, you can upgrade from one core user to two users for an additional £12 a month.
Additionally, the Standard and Professional packages are available with a free 30 day trial. All prices were correct at the time of conducting our Sage 50Cloud review.
Sage 50Cloud Advert
So, let’s take a moment to summarise the benefits our Sage 50Cloud review has discovered so far.
Sage 50Cloud allows you to automate processes, so you can spend more time on your core business. The client manager and Sage Drive will enable you to work in real time and see your whole client place in a single view.
You can automatically collect cash through direct debit, but the payment integration allows your customers to quickly and easily pay using PayPal, Stripe, or SagePay.
The direct bank feed automatically pulls information from bank accounts with rules to ensure that no intervention is needed to ensure the transactions go where you want.
50Cloud also makes compliance easier, as the software is continually updated for new or changing compliance requirements. The client manager ensures that you’re covered for VAT MTD, and there is a simple VAT reconciliation process to make it as easy as possible to switch.
Sage is a solid brand and has demonstrated a reputation for providing clients with the tools and services needed to add value to your business. All tiers of 50Cloud are supported by webchat, online, and email support, while Standard and Professional tier users benefit from remote and telephone support.
There is no such thing as a perfect product or company, so to ensure our Sage 50Cloud review is balanced, we do need to point out some of the disadvantages associated with this product.
Firstly, like any software, Sage 50Cloud is not perfect. Some users report technical difficulties with stock not updating from purchase orders and issues with edit function limitations. There are even some frustrating issues such as the VAT rounding that creates 1p differences on sales invoices.
Although Sage does offer a comprehensive support package, some users have reported waiting for a support response. This is particularly an issue for Essential users who don’t have access to phone and remote support.
Another negative that is worth mentioning is that there is a steep learning curve. Users have reported that those who lack IT skills may struggle to get to grips with the interface and find creating templates difficult. However, the support team can guide you through this process.
Sage 50Cloud Review – Summary
In short, we have found Sage 50Cloud to be an attractive choice for small businesses. The automation functionality makes it easier for small businesses to scale. It is a complete package that doesn’t require add-ons and can be adapted to any business.
Although some users report that it is a more expensive option, it is an investment that can save you time and could reduce your accountant fees.
For these reasons, we suggest that you try the 30 day trial to assess whether Sage 50Cloud meets your individual needs.
Top-Rated Accounting Software:
|Accounting Software||Cheapest Package||Ease Of Use||Our Rating||Review||Official Site|
|£19/mo||Excellent||Read Review||Visit Website|
|FREE||Outstanding||Read Review||Visit Website|
|£12/mo||Excellent||Read Review||Visit Website|